I am a huge believer in skin care being very important for everyone (both woman and man). Any investment which you make now will pay off in next years. I am not saying that you have to spend a fortune on skin care but it is important to find products that work for you and help you to keep your skin being healthy and looking fresh and young.
Looking for the right products is very dependent on personal preferences and skin type and concerns. Products that work for me might not work for you and vice versa. In following series of posts I will talk about my skin concerns and about products that work for me. If you have similar skin type or concerns, hopefully, you find it helpful.
I am almost 33 years old and I have combination dehydrated skin that often struggles with adult acne. This being said, the most important thing for me is to find the right amount of hydration without making my skin oily and greasy. As I am wearing makeup every day, my skin care has to also work as a good base and it has to keep my foundation going on smoothly and looking good during the day.
My morning skincare routine consists of following steps (plus my current favorite skin care products):
- splashing face with cold water – I am not using a cleanser in the morning. I spend a good amount of time with a careful cleansing of my face in the evening, therefore, I do not feel the necessity of cleansing it again in the morning. It is just my personal preference.
- face toner – applied on a cotton pad and slapped it all over the face to remove any excess oil and refresh the skin – my current fave is Bioderma Sébium Micelle Solution
- serum – as my skin is quite dehydrated, I need an extra hydration, mostly in the cheek area. For this purpose I am using a serum – my current fave is Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate.
- eye cream – to protect and hydrate sensitive eye area – my ultimate fave is Kiehl’s Avocado Eye Cream (I am already using the 3rd package).
- face cream – for upcoming summer time I prefer mattifying light face cream – my current fave is Kiehl’s Rare Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion
- SPF cream – an absolute necessity not only in summer but all year around. I am not pretending that I use it all year around but in summer I am more careful and I apply it every morning. My current fave is Eucerin Sun Gel-Creme SPF50 that perfectly works also as mattifying primer (although it is probably not intended:-))
- lip balm – dry lips do not nice at all – my current fave is Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate.
In next few posts, I am planning to talk also about my night time skin care routine and some extra products that work great for my skin.
And what are your skin care faves? Or do you have any tips for products that I should try? Let me know in comments below.