In today’s post, I want to share with you some swatches and a small review of several lip products that I purchased on Colourpop website. Colourpop currently offers free international shipping for orders over 50 USD. Shipping is really fast (about 4 working days to the Czech republic) however if you live outside of the USA, your purchase will be most likely stopped at customs and you will have to pay additional fees. I made two orders there during the autumn of 2016. If you want to see an overview of eyeshadows that I bought there, please check my other Colourpop related post: Colourpop Eyeshadows – Swatches and Review.
Colourpop offers several different formulas of lip products – in today’s post, I want to talk about Lippie Stix (lipsticks) and Ultra Glossy Lip (lipglosses).
Ultra Glossy Lip
Ultra Glossy Lip is a range of lip glosses that comes in several different finishes – creme, sheer, and metallic, and various shades. Lipglosses retail for 6 USD per piece. For my first purchase, I went for neutral toned creme finish shade in BESTIE and then for very nice sparkly sheer finish shade SUPER CUTE from limited Hello Kitty Collection. Both lip glosses are nice and comfortable on the lips and they are not too stick.
- Bestie is definitely more pigmented (as expected from its creme finish) and provides semi-opaque colour on lips. It can be easily worn on its own or over any lipstick.
- Super Cute is more sheer (as finish suggests) and very sparkly. It works better as a lipstick topper. On its own, it does not provide enough opaque finish, therefore, I would not wear it alone (just personal preference).
As the name suggests, Lippie Stix is the lipstick in a stick form and it retails for 5 USD per piece. They are available in several different finishes: matte, matte X, satin, creme, glossy, and sheer. They are twistable, in chic looking packaging, and their formula is very creamy and comfortable to wear. Again for my first order, I tried to stay on the safe side and I choose shades which I know I like – all of them are in a mauve color family.
- Konichiwa – is a lippie stix from limited Hello Kitty Collection (still available). It is a creme finish lipstick in a dusty pink shade – it comes pretty pinky on lips. Its formula is nice and hydrating on lips and very comfortable to wear.
- Cami – is a lippie stix in matte X formula and it is described as cool-toned mauve color. However, I find it as a mauve color with a slightly peach undertone. Although it is matte X formula which is supposed to be extremely matte, it goes on very creamy and smoothly and it is pretty comfortable during the day. The finish is pretty matte but not as drying matte as liquid lipsticks are. Its staying power is good and quite comparable with liquid lipsticks.
- Lumiére – is a shade which was created in collaboration with American Youtuber Kathleen Lights – it is a matte finish and it is described as dusty mauve pink. However, on my lips and my light complexion, it comes more as pinky-violet shade. Also its matte formula is very creamy and comfortable to wear, the finish is more satin in my opinion, definitely not as matte as liquid lipsticks.
I hope you like this post. If you are interested in Colourpop Liquid Lipsticks in Ultra Matte and Satin formula, stay tuned for the part 2 of this review which is coming soon. Let me know in comments below which are your favourite Colourpop lip products.
If you want to see my Colourpop Eyeshadow Swatches and Review, go and check it HERE!
Have an amazing day and be inspired!