Sometimes bad things happen to our beauty bits and they become smashed. Or you have a very loved product where is its very last bit remaining around the pan and you cannot reach it properly with your brush. If you are on a budget, you probably cannot immediately repurchase such an item and you want to continue to use it as long as possible. So what to do now?
Repressing is the answer! It is not that difficult to repress powder product using just tools that you already have at home or you can easily get them and they are not expensive at all.
In today’s post, I want to share the way how to repress powders and save some money.
You will need:
- smashed or almost done powder beauty product
- rubbing alcohol
- paper tissue
What to do:
- If there are still pieces tacked to the pan, break them
- Smash everything as finely as you can
- Slowly put rubbing alcohol in and create paste (add alcohol slowly using teaspoon)
- Place tissue over the paste and press it hard with the spoon or another flat item
- Leave open for several hours (or overnight) to let alcohol evaporate
And you are done! The powder is ready to be used again.
Tip: This technique can be used also for pressing of loose eyeshadows or pigments if you find too difficult to use them in loose form.
Recommendation: Some people say that you can use any alcohol you have at home like vodka or so. I do not recommend it because alcohol which is meant for drinking can contain also other ingredients like flavors etc. Rather spend few dollars on rubbing alcohol from drugstore or pharmacy which is intended to be used on skin. It will help to prevent any irritation or allergic reaction.
I hope you like this post and you find it helpful. Let me know if you have other tips how to “save” broken beauty bits.
Thank you for coming to my blog.
Have an amazing day and be inspired!