Today, I would like to try something new. If it goes about makeup products, I usually post my review pretty shortly after I get them. It is because I can almost immediately say how they perform, how good the pigmentation is etc. In makeup, its qualities appear almost instantly and you can easily judge them. But sometimes you can find good or bad qualities of the product that were not visible after the first few uses and then it is a time to update your review or recommendation. Therefore, I decided that from time to time, I will go back to my old product reviews and re-evaluate whether I still consider them good /bad or whether I changed my mind based on longer experience.
The first re-review will be about Colourpop products. In my original review a few months ago, I was very excited about my purchases on Colourpop website. If you are interested, check them here:
- Colourpop Lip Products – Swatches and Review – Part 1
- Colourpop Lip Products – Swatches and Review – Part 2
- Colourpop Eyeshadows – Swatches and Review
So let’s find whether I still consider my reviews valid or not! Let’s get started!
- great pigmentation, rich colours
- staying power is amazing even without a primer
- a lot of unusual and unique shades
- some colours stain the brushes – particularly shade Coconut and Lace change my white brushes to coloured ones 😦
- eyeshadows seem to be used up quickly – although the pot looks big, there is not much of the product and due to its consistency it is used up very fast in my opinion
- matte colours are difficult to blend sometimes
- the formula is inconsistent within the same finish eyeshadows – especially metallic finish tends to be patchy in some shades. E.g. the shade So Quiche does not perform very good which surprised me because it is one of the most popular ones. Maybe I have the one from a bad batch or something. But anyway be aware of that.
- in general, it is better to use fingers or synthetic brush to apply the eyeshadows – it is not necessarily a problem just be aware of that.
The final word:
Although the list of cons is longer than pros, none of these “findings” is the major one and I still think that Colourpop Eyeshadows are worth the price. If you have a chance, definitely give them a try. So this re-review is positive and Colourpop Eyeshadows are a long time proved 😉
I hope you like this post and find it interesting. Do you like this format? Are you interested in more re-reviews? Let me know in comments below!
If you are into Colourpop, you may also like Colourpop Eyeshadow Combinations.
Thank you for coming today!
Have an amazing day and be inspired!